The work included:
- Construction of a temporary dock for loading a stone barge for delivery of stone to the piers.
- Delivery of approximately 70,000 cy of stone to the site by on-highway trucks and the transferring of that stone to a barge.
- Installation, by marine equipment, of the stone around the pier footings.
- Installation, by divers, of the scour monitoring system.
- Performing approximately 100,000 lbs. of structural steel repairs on the Fire Island Inlet Bridge, including the installation of SafeSpan scaffolding system.
- Paint removal and painting of portions of the Fire Island Inlet Bridge.
- The rehabilitation and construction of a wetland area of approximately 4 acres.
The project proceeded as planned; despite some additional work being included and some stone quantity overruns, the project was completed ahead of schedule.
Contract Price: $27,162,235.88